Beiersdorf is an international skin care company with globally leading brands such Nivea, Elastoplast, Eucerin, Labello, La Prairie, Tesa and Coppertone.
Beiersdorf was growing into new territories, introducing new products into existing markets while continuing to build upon their star performer products. This meant country level organisations needed to be designed and the relationships between country, regional and global clarified. Beiersdorf recognises the valuable contributions of HR and Finance partners, considering them as “co-pilots” to business leaders. To support their senior HR “co-pilots” Beiersdorf commissioned Tricordant to help develop their organisation design capability to help deliver these changes. The course was delivered in Germany, Dubai and China.
The Tricordant Approach
Building upon our simple, practical but powerful approach to organisation design we co-developed a capability development programme with Beiersdorf staff which was further improved each time it was delivered. The core components included:
- Pre-reading to stimulate and challenge their thinking
- An overarching approach to frame the development days
- An inhouse case study to work through and practical tools to apply
- An experimental section to introduce new models and the latest thinking
- A plan for participants to continue their learning journey
- Supported participants in their successful leadership and delivery of specific projects
- A deep toolkit for participants to add to and use in their organisation design work
“I would like to express our appreciation for the great work Tricordant delivered! Organisation Design is one of our key challenges in BDF and we feel much more equipped with the practical tools and insightful discussions. More importantly, we have formed a community who are facing the similar challenges and could share and support each other! Thank you for all the efforts!”